NppFTP plugin is a simple and convenient FTP client. Many webmasters use this plugin alone or with the Notepad ++ text editor because of the tangible time-saving convenience this plugin offers them while they are working on their websites. Let’s look at an example.
Suppose that you need to fix a bug that was found in the “freshly poured” CMS template on your server. The usual practice is the following: download the appropriate file with a third-party FTP client (e.g., FileZilla) → next, give the file the “divine” look → then, save the edited work, re-open the FileZilla → send the file to the server. Or, you could do everything at once: open Notepad ++, connect to the server via FTP, then make all the necessary manipulations right inside the editor. Isn’t that a lot more convenient? Take a look at the process in the “Pictures”:
1. Run Notepad ++ and then click the mouse on the icon “Show NppFTP Window” (see Screenshot) in the toolbar. Remember, another option was given in the articulated article: click the top menu item “Plugins” → then “NppFTP” → “Show NppFTP Window”.
2. Click on the gear icon (“Setting”) in the window that appears in FTP client and select the “Profile settings” (“Profile Settings”).
3. Fill in the standard data that should have been provided by the server host (see below the left screenshot) for the connection:
1 – connection name (choose on your own – e.g., The domain name of the site)
2 – hosting address
3 – hosting login
4 – connection password
5 – opened directory (e.g., public_html)
6 – check the tab “Transfers” (“Transfer mode”) as in the second screenshot
7 – click on “Close”.
After saving the profile, the icon “(Dis) Connect” will become active. Use the mouse to select the desired profile (author chose “notepadhelper.com”).
4. Find the appropriate file in the directory and click on “Download file” after the server connection is established.
5. After editing and saving the file, send it back to the server (the last screenshot).
As I said, it is convenient and easy to work with NppFTP, especially while using the text editor Notepad++.