This post describes how to set up an FTP connection in the editing program Sublime Text 3 with the help of the SFTP plugin. I have been using this editor for about a half of a year with great satisfaction, but in order to use the program effectively, you need to set up an FTP connection.
Here is what you need to do to set up an FTP connection in Sublime Text 3:
1. Install Package Control using the console command.
2. Click the Preferences button and choose Package Control.
3. In the window that opens, choose Install package.
4. Enter SFTP and set the first given variant before File Zilla SFTP.
5. After the installation is complete, click on the File menu, find the SFTP/ FTP line, and click on Setup server. A settings windows will open.
6. In this settings window:
Replace “sftp” with “ftp”
Replace “example.com” with your host path
Replace “username” with your login
Uncomment the highlighted line by deleting the // in the beginning, and then enter your password instead of the second “password”
In line 16 replace “/example/path/” with “/“, or type your root folder path there.
Your settings are now correct and you will be able to use your new FTP connection. To do this, click File => SFTP/ FTP => Browse Server. I think you will be able to figure out the rest without instructions.
That is all it takes to set up an FTP connection with the SFTP plugin for Sublime Text 3! Thank you for reading.